The Health Promoting Churches (HPC) initiative is about promoting healthy lifestyles to our people in the local church and community setting by generating an awareness and interest in Health, providing health resources to local churches, assisting church leaders and members with resources, training and other forms of support so that they can be actively involved in health Ministry.
The church needs healthy leaders, healthy members, healthy churches, villages and communities and local churches using the avenue of health in reaching out to other communities and in doing Mission. One way of achieving this would be through the Health Promoting Churches Initiative.
HPC is a catalyst for change. It includes training and resources and encourages community participation, cooperation and ownership of the initiative.
- Health Promoting Churches/Villages/Communities
- Health Promoting Clinics/Hospitals
- Health Promoting Schools
- Isolated Medical Outposts
- Training in Lifestyle Health
- Latest Health Research Topics
- Masters of Lifestyle Medicine
- Adventist Health and Lifestyle Survey 2012
- Emotional Health
- Faith and Health
- Alternative Therapies
- Anti-alcohol Initiatives
- Smoking Cessation
- Other Drugs